POLICY FOR SICK DANCERS
COVID-19 EXPOSURE | Exposure is defined by the CDC as being in close contact (less than 6 feet) with someone for 15 minutes or longer. This includes anyone they have come in contact with in the past 72 hours who have symptoms or have tested positive.
If a dancer has been exposed, they are asked to either stay home for 14 days or have a test performed. After the 14 days with no symptoms and/or after receiving a negative test, the dancer may return to classes.
COVID-19 POSITIVE | If a dancer tests positive, they are asked to follow the CDC and/or Ohio DOH guidelines. They may return to classes after meeting the guidelines from these organizations.
COMMUNICATION | If a dancer tests positive they should notify the studio director immediately. Any classes that they have attended in the past 72 hours will be notified of the potential exposure and should take the necessary precautions. Dancers should determine whether they came in close contact, as defined above, and should take any necessary actions. Dancers from these classes should also take extra precautions to maintain social distancing and wear a mask while at the studio for a period of at least 48 hours.
Legally the studio is not permitted to provide the identity of the infected dancer. We would ask that you voluntarily give us permission to provide your dancers name to the other members of your dancers class to assist in keeping them safe.
- All non-teaching staff will wear face masks while in the lobby, studios, and general areas.
- All teaching staff are to wear masks while in the lobby and general areas. Teachers may remove masks for health and safety reasons while teaching class.
- All staff are to perform a self assessment before entering the studio. All staff will have their temperature checked upon entry.
- All teaching staff will wash/sanitize hands before and after each class.
- All non-teaching staff to wash/sanitize hands upon entry to the studio and at various frequencies during their shift.
We will continue to monitor the safety measures and guidelines provided by the state health experts. Guidelines are subject to change and we will update this page with new or modified guidelines.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, other dancers, family members, and staff members. You must follow all posted instructions while at Emerge. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can cause illness and death. According to the CDC senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering Emerge, you voluntarily assume all risk of exposure to COVID-19.